IHRC Trust has established a Legal Fund to support individuals on low income struggling with immigration problems.
Immigration legal advice can be expensive, with the Home Office notorious for setting high application fees. This is compounded further by the lack of legal aid for most types of immigration applications.
IHRC Legal provides high quality UK immigration law advice at a reasonable. The Immigration services we provide is regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). IHRC Legal is regulated at Level 3.
Currently, the Legal Fund will be able to offer, subject to funding, grants to individuals who have no income or are on low income, and they
- Do not have leave to remain in the UK, but have reasonable prospects of succeeding with an application to the Home Office, and their immigration case is not covered by legal aid; or
- Have leave to remain but are subject to a condition preventing them from accessing public funds/benefits
The Legal Fund will seek to cover the costs of:
- Immigration application fees (where a fee waiver does not apply)
- IHRC Legal’s professional legal fees
- Other disbursements, where appropriate, such as expert reports, translations etc
The aim of the grant is to help individuals on low incomes submit meritorious applications to the Home Office so that they can regularise their stay in the UK, work, access public services (education, healthcare etc) and claim public funds. Those already with leave can apply to remove restrictions on their status (“no public funds”) so that they can supplement their income with benefits. This being particularly pertinent during Covid-19 pandemic and/or during an economic downturn.
If you wish to donate to the Legal Fund please click on the link below. If you wish to be considered for a grant or wish to refer a case for consideration, please contact IHRC Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8904 4222.