Business Immigration

IHRC Legal advises clients on business immigration law and can help identify your best route to settlement. We have many years of experience helping achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.

IHRC Legal also advises small to medium sized businesses and charities on all aspects of business immigration law including immigration compliance, sponsorship licences and sponsorships as well as the civil penalties regime.

Get In touch with our team.

A graduate visa allows a person permission to stay in the UK for 2 or 3 years after completing a course of study.

With a graduate visa you can work in most jobs, without the need of a sponsor, or be self-employed and continue to live in the UK with your partner and children if they’re eligible.

A Skilled Worker visa allows a person to enter or remain in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer. This visa replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa.

You will need a confirmed job offer from a Home Office approved UK employer, as well as:

  • a Certificate of Sponsorship from your prospective employer
  • your prospective job to be on the list of eligible occupations
  • meeting the English language requirements
  • earning the stipulated minimum salary

If you are granted a skilled worker visa, your dependents can join you on your route to settlement in the UK.

If your role is within the NHS, NHS supplier or in adult social care, you can apply for a Health and Care Worker Visa. It is very similar to the Skilled Worker Visa but benefits from lower application fees and salary requirements.

If a UK based business wishes to employ someone from outside the UK, they must first obtain a sponsorship licence.

Obtaining a sponsorship licence can be a complicated process requiring a specific set of documents as well as demonstrating that your business operates lawfully in the UK and has a genuine vacancy for a skilled occupation. There are ongoing sponsorship responsibilities that must be met in order to retain the licence.

Once the business has a sponsorship licence, it will be an approved employer, which is able to issue certificates of sponsorship to eligible overseas workers, allowing them to legally work for that business in the UK.

Our team can assist with:

  • Sponsor licence applications
  • Sponsorship licence refusals and rejections
  • Sponsor licence management
  • Sponsor licence compliance

Book a consultation